Group Management for Churches
Small groups. Big groups. All groups!
There's a lot going on at your church. There are small groups, youth groups, prayer groups, ministry teams, and leadership teams. You may even have recovery groups, sports teams, or seasonal classes. At their heart, all of these are groups of people trying to enfold new members, meet together, and communicate with clarity.
Planning Center Groups helps you organize and manage groups by their type, giving you a flexible platform for managing any kind of group.
- An Elegant Group Directory Members and visitors can quickly find the right group using group type and property filters.
- A Map View for Groups Home groups and other off-campus groups can be displayed on a map view. Locations can be made approximate to the public.
- Listing and Privacy Controls Privacy controls to exclude group listings, member listing, contact info, and event locations are all intuitive.
On the administrative side of Groups, it's easy to establish groups, organize them into types, and manage leaders and members. Use group types to set group defaults, preferences, and membership limits.
Review notifications for potential problems. Communicate with group members in bulk.
Use group resources to share files with group leaders or members.
The group page can list as little or as much information as appropriate. Upon logging in, group members can access full event details, view each other's contact info (if enabled), and access group resources.
Additionally, group leaders can manage the group's information, calendar, respond to member applications, add new members, and take attendance.
Attendance Tracking & Group Resources
Planning Center Groups makes it simple for group leaders to take attendance. At the start of each meeting, they'll get an attendance request email. A single tap, a few checkmarks, and they're done!
Using group resources, administrators can make documents and curriculum available to group leaders or all group members. Group leaders can also share files with their own groups as needed.
Groups is the youngest of the app in our suite and it's growing fast. Here's where the app has come and where we're headed.
This initial version focuses on:
- Making the groups discoverable online.
- Onboarding applicants and group visitors.
- Basic event management, attendance, and resource sharing.
- Bulk managing and emailing groups.
- Group-level attendance trends and reports.
In the future, our big milestones will be:
- A Groups mobile app for inner-group communication.
- Member-level group attendance reports and alerts.
- RSVP and pre-meeting forms.
I'd like to keep up with the progress on Planning Center Groups. Send me an email when there are really big updates.